Elisa Wilson – Blogs – How To Connect A Canon MX490 Printer To Wifi? [An Easy Guide]
Don’t know how to connect a Canon MX490 printer to wifi? You are in the right place. This blog will guide you on how to connect your Canon MX490 printer to Windows and Mac systems. Canon PIXMA MX490 printer is a wireless office all-in-one printer that can print, scan, copy, and fax features.
Canon brand is a Japanese multinational company that produces imaging and optical products such as cameras, scanners, printers, and more. Therefore, there’s no doubt that Canon is offering its customers the best range of products and services, including the Canon MX490 printer, which has made printing simple and easy. Let’s start with connecting your Canon printer to wifi.
Steps To Connect Canon MX490 Printer With Wifi Router
Before you start connecting your Canon MX490 printer to wifi, you will need to follow the below steps:
- First, make sure your printer is on, which can be recognized by the power lamp (A).
- Then, click on the setup button (B) of your printer.
- After that, select “Wireless LAN” setup by pressing the side arrow options and clicking “OK.”
- At this step, your printer will search for a compatible wireless router.
How To Connect A Canon MX490 Printer To Wifi On Windows?
In order to connect your Canon MX490 printer to wifi on a Windows computer, kindly follow the steps given below:
- First, turn on your Canon MX490 printer, Windows PC, and a Wi-Fi router.
- Then, connect your printer to the wifi router by following the steps above in the first section of the post.
- After that, download the printer driver software on your computer by visiting Canon’s official website, “canon.com/ijsetup.”
- Choose your printer model from the list and press the “Download” option.
- Once the downloading process ends, tap the Driver Package option to open the setup. Finish the installation process by following your on-screen steps.
- Now, click the ‘Start’ button on your computer to open the Control Panel option.
- Choose the “Devices & Printers” option from the screen that follows.
- Click on the “Add a Printer” option at the top right side, where the user can see the list of installed printer devices. Click on your printer and wait a few seconds.
- Lastly, your printer will be shown with a green check mark.
- Finally, your Canon printer will be displayed with a green check mark and ready to use.
How To Connect A Canon MX490 Printer To Wifi On Mac?
In order to connect your Canon MX490 printer to wifi on a Mac computer, kindly follow the steps provided below:
- First, turn on your Canon MX490 printer, Mac device, and a Wi-Fi router.
- Then, connect your Canon printer to the wifi router by following the steps above in the first section.
- Visit “http://www.canon.com/ijsetup” and download/install the latest version of the printer driver software. Follow your on-screen steps and complete the download process.
- Choose the “System Preferences” option from the Apple menu.
- After that, click the “Printers & Scanners” option from the new window.
- Click on the “+” icon to add your Canon MX490 printer from the next window.
- Now, choose your printer name from the drop-down list.
- Lastly, your Canon MX490 printer will be connected to a Mac computer.
We hope readers will immensely benefit while searching for how to connect a Canon MX490 printer on Windows and Mac computers.
To Download And Install A Canon MX490 Printer Driver For Windows
It is an online printer driver installation guide that helps you do the initial setup of your Canon MX490 printer on a Windows computer and install various software, kindly follow the instructions given below:
Note: Make sure your Windows PC is connected to the Internet when doing the following:
- First, you will need to download the exe file. Check your computer settings for the location where the file is saved.
- Now, double-tap the downloaded .exe file. It will disengage, and the Setup screen will be shown. Follow the steps to install the driver and make the required settings.
To Download And Install A Canon MX490 Printer Driver For Mac
In order to download and install your Canon MX490 printer driver on Mac, follow the instructions below:
- First, you have to download the dmg file. Check your computer settings for the location where the file is saved.
- Then, double-tap the downloaded file and mount it on the Disc Image.
- After that, double-tap the mounted Disk Image.
- Lastly, double-tap the “Setup” file to launch the setup screen. Follow your on-screen steps to install the driver software and set up the connection settings for your Canon MX490 printer.
We hope readers will greatly benefit while searching for how to connect a Canon MX490 printer to wifi on Windows and Mac systems.
Visit Site – ij.start.canon set up
Source :- https://ijstartcanen.com/how-to-connect-a-canon-mx490-printer-to-wifi-an-easy-guide/