Elisa Wilson – Blogs – How To Use A Cricut Maker: Everything You Need To Know
Are you ready to learn how to use a Cricut Maker? This blog will teach you everything related to the Cricut Maker device. You just have to read and follow one by one all the steps and information mentioned in this blog. If you are a beginner and scared about using the Cricut machine, you can easily do your project with this device after reading this blog.
You have to patiently and carefully read one by one the lines and paragraphs given in this blog. Let’s start to discuss the Cricut Maker. So first, start with the question of What is a Cricut Maker?
What is Cricut Maker?
A Cricut Maker is an electronic cutting device that can cut a huge variety of materials, such as card stock, adhesive vinyl, paper, and heat transfer vinyl. You can use the Cricut Maker to cut any materials you would typically cut with a craft knife or scissors. This machine is very easy to handle. This blog will teach you how to use a Cricut Maker.
Installation Process of Cricut Maker
Sometimes users are stuck in the installation process of the Cricut Maker machine. That’s why before learning how to use a Cricut Maker, first learn how to install it. Here are the simple steps that you just have to follow to complete the installation process:
- First of all, move out the Cricut Maker from its box.
- Now, connect the cables and wire and open the device.
- Switch on the Cricut device.
- Now, go to the Cricut Design Space and log in.
- Select a Make It now task to start, adapt, or start making your own design.
- Now, you have to choose from the Smart Set Dial.
- Load the Cricut cutting mat.
- Now, hit the Cricut button and let the device move to work.
- At last, unload the cutting machine, take out your project, and be ready to enjoy the project.
How does a Cricut Maker work?
A Cricut Maker is an electronic cutting device. This machine can cut all sorts of designs from materials such as card stock, vinyl, paper, and iron-on transfers. Some of the Cricut devices can even cut wood and leather smoothly.
When you open the Cricut device, you will get a small blade that rotates around on a carriage to cut and make the design you’ve selected. The inbuilt fine-point blade is just like a miniature X-acto knife that can make your design amazing by just cutting it with the most intricate and delicate shapes. In the next section of this blog, you learn the complete steps on how to use a Cricut Maker.
Which Cricut Machine is good for you?
Three types of Cricut devices are mainly available on the market. These are the Cricut Joy, the Cricut Maker, and the Cricut Explore. Here is the information related to all the machines:
This machine is smaller in size but makes your task impressive. It is also portable, easy to use, and simple to set up.
This is more powerful than any other Cricut device. It can cut a huge variety of materials, such as hard materials like balsa wood.
It is a mid-level option for the Crafter and also the best-selling machine. It can cut many types of materials and create multiple types of projects.
So, according to your projects and the materials you can use for your project, you need to select your Cricut machine.
Types of Materials Cricut Maker Cut
There are various types of materials your Cricut Maker cuts. Here are some most popular types of cutting materials:
- Butcher Paper
- Chalkboard Vinyl
- Aluminum Foil
- Chalkboard Vinyl
- Iron-On Vinyl
- Construction Paper
- Faux Leather
- Glitter Cardstock
- Infusible Ink Sheets
Various Types of Projects you can make with Cricut Maker
You can make a huge variety of projects with the Cricut Maker. Here are some multiple types of projects that you can make with this machine:
- Handmade greeting cards
- Paper banners and party decorations
- Iron-on t-shirts and onesies
- Leather earrings and bracelets
- Address envelopes and invitations
- Custom stickers
- Custom painted wooden sign
- Stencils for glass etching
- Vinyl decals for car windows
How to Download and Install the Cricut Design Space
To know how to use a Cricut Maker, firstly, you have to download and install the Cricut Design Space on your Computer. Here are the easy steps that you require to follow to install the Design Space:
On Windows Computer
Here are the steps:
- First and foremost, go to the internet browser and then type and enter design.cricut.com.
- Now, touch the Download button. And when the downloading process begins, the display will change. There is little change in every internet browser.
- And when the downloading process is completed, you must double-click the download file in the browser or the Downloads folder.
- If the window opens to ask you (if you trust the application), you have to select the option to trust.
- Next, a setup window on your display shows the progress of the installation.
- Now, you need to sign in by entering the Cricut ID and password.
- On your display, a Design Space icon is automatically added to the desktop screen. You must right-click on the given icon and then move the icon into the Taskbar or Pin to Taskbar.
- Lastly, enjoy doing your project in the Design Space with your Desktop.
How To Use A Cricut Maker With Design Space
Mentioned below are the easy steps that you need to follow to print and cut the design:
- Initially, you must insert the printable images into the task. And select to make it from the Design Space.
- Now, a preview of the image will be shown with an attached cut sensor marking. Select the Continue key to proceed to the cut interaction.
- Now, click and select the device from the menu of the drop-down. Select the Send option on the printer to go to the Print and then Cut dialog.
- And when the cut is completed, it will automatically be shown an image, leaving no white border line.
- At last, print the page by utilizing the home printer, set the paper in the Cricut cutting mat, and locate it in the Cricut device. Now, the device cuts the paper through sensor marking.