Elisa Wilson – Blogs – Speculations Around The Highly-Anticipated Fitbit Charge 6
There is a lot of speculation among Fitbit fans regarding the new Fitbit Charge 6. While the Fitbit Charge 5 was released not too long ago, in August 2021, fans are eagerly waiting for the release of the new model. The Fitbit Charge 5 is one of the best fitness trackers in the market as it offers a great combination of impressive features. However, with the new Fitbit Charge 6 model on the way, fans are excited, and there are rumors about the expected features, functionality, and more. The Fitbit Charge 5 represents one of the most significant leaps in technical advancement, which is why it has remained popular amongst users. And now that a new model is expected soon, the question amongst users is whether they can expect another great model as the previous one. If you are waiting impatiently for the new Charge model release, you will find helpful information regarding the new Fitbit Charge 6 here.
The previous Charge models offer attractive designs, so a complete redesign is not expected, but users can look out for slight improvements in the Fitbit Charge 6.
- Fans anticipate the physical button’s return as the inductive button does not always detect clicks. Yes, the design does look sleeker without the physical button, but it is not easy to fiddle around the inductive button, especially when one is engaged in physical activities.
- Another possible upgrade users would like to see in the Fitbit Charge 6 is an improved display; users can benefit from a better and larger touch screen. As in the previous models, users have issues regarding the touch screen.
- There is also an expected improvement in the battery life, but not a larger battery built. As techs become more power-efficient with each passing year, improved battery life is a highly anticipated design for the Fitbit Charge 6.
While the Fitbit Charge 5 already offers excellent features, there are additional features that fans would like to see in the new Fitbit Charge 6. Most of the features provided will depend on what has already been offered, and other features providers want to implement. Users expect blood pressure monitors, music control, better third-party integration services, altimeters, a more comprehensive selection of apps, etc.
- Blood pressure monitoring, which can be tracked automatically, is a possible feature user can expect in the new Fitbit Charge 6.
- Another expected feature is the return of the altimeter, which was dropped in the previous charge model. This feature is available in some earlier models; the Charge 4, Versa 2, Versa 3, Sense, and Iconic. Bringing back this feature is the new Fitbit Charge 6 will be an excellent additional function.
- Spotify support is another feature Fitbit dropped, which allowed users to control their playlists in the previous models. And since Fitbit is all about health and fitness tracking, music control is one feature users would love to see in the new Fitbit Charge 6.
- A better third-party integration service is another area of improvement expected from the Fitbit Charge 6. Seamlessly enabling data transfer between various platforms will be an additional hit factor. As for now, Fitbit does not offer such a seamless syncing feature, so most users are hoping for a better third-party integration service from the new Fitbit Charge 6.
- Another area of improvement expected from the Fitbit Charge 6 is a more diverse selection of apps. While some apps are already available, this availability is limited.
Expected Release Date and Price
There is no specific answer regarding the release date and the price, but there are several predictions on the internet, but keep in mind that these predictions are accurate. Fans are pretty much aware of the fact that Fitbit regularly releases a new model of Charge every 18 months or more, so fans are expecting the new Fitbit Charge 6 to be released around summer 2023, or it could also coincide with IFA in Berlin this year in September, as it had in the previous releases. While the release date is not fixed, we can expect the new Fitbit Charge 6 by 2023 in spring or summer.
As for the price, users are hoping that the price of the Fitbit Charge 6 remains the same as the Charge 5, as there is a growing concern after the rise in the most current version. Since a price drop is highly unlikely, users expect the Fitbit Charge 6 to be available in the current version range. Fitbit Charge 5 is currently available approximately at $180, so the Fitbit Charge 6 is expected to cost around the same amount.
Yes, the Fitbit Charge 5 is one of the most popular fitness trackers in the market today. So, can users expect the Fitbit Charge 6 to make another significant leap in tech advancement as the Charge 5 did?